U.S. Department of Labor Deputy Secretary Christopher Lu to Provide Keynote
August 2, 11:00 A.M., EST | Media Availability with Featured Participant Representatives: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF), the U.S. Department of Labor, and Walmart will commemorate the expansion of the Institute’s AmericaServes initiative into South Carolina. Modeled after similar networks in North Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania, SCServes – Lowcountry is a public-private partnership of vetted providers to help veterans, service members, and military families navigate the services they need. The SCServes – Low Country network will connect area service providers together digitally and monitor service requests from veterans and their families (e.g., employment assistance and healthcare). With the launch of SCServes-Lowcountry, South Carolina joins a portfolio of national partners that have connected over 3,722 veterans, service members, and military families to over 6,300 types of comprehensive services in less than two years.
Keynote Address: U.S. Department of Labor Deputy Secretary Christopher Lu Will address leaders from public, private, and nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina’s transitioning service members, veterans, and military families to celebrate the community’s launch of its coordinated network of services, resources, and care.
Remarks From: Walmart Senior Director Military Programs, Brigadier General Gary Profit (USA, Ret.); Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center Associate Director, Pamela Crowell; and IVMF Managing Director, Colonel James McDonough (USA, Ret.).
- Syracuse University, Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF): Through its AmericaServes initiative, the IVMF introduces the strategy and resources to empower communities to improve service delivery for their veterans, service members, and military families
- Accenture: Supports the project launch as part of its U.S. Corporate Citizenship Skills to Succeed initiative
- Military Community Connection: Local veteran and military family serving nonprofit leading the operations supporting SCServes – Lowcountry Network Referral Center
- Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center: Will physically host the SCServes – Lowcountry Network Referral Center and a participating network provider
- U.S. Department of Labor: Supports public/private partnership models e.g., SCServes – Lowcountry that promote veteran economic stability and holistic care coordination
- Walmart: Walmart, with a demonstrated commitment to the economic stability of veterans and their families along with the Walmart Foundation’s work to help develop and seed similar community coordination network efforts in North Carolina and New York are dedicated to supporting initiatives that welcome veterans back into our communities
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
11:00 – 1:00 p.m. EST
Media Availability with Featured Participant Representatives: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST
Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center Auditorium | Google Maps
Click here to register in advance. Space for media is extremely limited for this event – RSVP is required to gain credentials and the event registration will close once capacity is met. Only those members of the media who have pre-registered will be able to gain access. Registration includes information on parking logistics; all members of media will be contacted in advance and escorted on site by IVMF’s Ilario Pantano (contact info below).
# # #