Onward to Opportunity (O2O) formerly known as the Veteran Career Transition Program (VCTP) is a free career training program that provides professional certification and job placement support to transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses. O2O combines industry-validated curricula, strong partnerships with leading veteran service organizations and private sector companies, and comprehensive career coaching services to prepare and match you with your next career.
O2O PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- Access to training and professional certifications that help prepare you for your next career – at no cost to you
- Flexible learning pathways aligned to over 30 industry certifications, professional certificates or in-demand fields
- Individualized career preparation services and job placement support provided by program partner, Hire Heroes USA
- One-on-one support from IVMF program staff
- Learn more
O2O EMPLOYER PARTNERS RECEIVE:
- Access to a trained, certified and highly qualified talent pool of transitioning service members, military spouses and veterans ready to make a difference at your organization
- Opportunities to engage locally (nationwide) or virtually with program participants
- Partnership with a program and organization that works closely to integrate with your existing talent acquisition processes
- Recognition as an O2O-VCTP Employer Partner alongside other Fortune 500 companies who are committed to hiring transitioning military, veterans and their spouses.
- Learn more
Onward to Opportunity (O2O) formerly known as the Veterans Career Transition Program (VCTP) is a free program offering industry-specific training, credentials and job placement services. O2O partners with private sector companies committed to training and hiring military talent and their spouses earlier in the transition process. If you are not located near one of our on-base installations, we offer distance-learning opportunities through the online-only portion of the program. We will work with you to determine which program best fits your needs. Please check out eligibility requirements below:
ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY
Any active duty service member who will transition from military service to the civilian workforce in the next 6 months with an honorable discharge status.
Any veteran separated or retired from the military with an honorable discharge status.
U.S. NATIONAL GUARD / RESERVISTS
Any active member of the National Guard and Reserve that is currently in a part-time status. If the service member is on active duty status in the National Guard or Reserve, they are subject to the active duty eligibility. See FAQ for full description.
Spouses of any active duty U.S. military service member, U.S. veteran, and active member of the U.S. National Guard or Reserve.