VCTP – Equipment Application
Check out our new website at onward2opportunity-vctp.org to sign up for Onward to Opportunity - Veterans Career Transition Program!
The Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) and JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) are pleased to announce the availability of resources to help Post-911 veterans improve job skills and acquire credentials and certifications to compete successfully for jobs in technology and other career fields. JPMC has generously donated 100 new Dell laptop computers with headsets for IVMF to distribute nationally to programs that agree to use them to enroll Post-911 veterans in the nationally recognized IVMF Veterans Career Transition Program (VCTP).
Check out our new website at onward2opportunity-vctp.org to sign up for Onward to Opportunity – Veterans Career Transition Program!
VCTP is delivered entirely online, at no-cost to participants; the program is paid for in entirety by JP Morgan Chase so the learner does not need to use their benefits. VCTP offers flexible training tracks: The Professional Skills Track to prepare for and execute a job search and strengthen resumes and the Tech Track to provide technical training necessary to be competitive in the IT, HR and Project Management job markets (where applicable, VCTP will pay associated certification exam fees). Students proceed at their own pace after enrollment but must complete their coursework within three months of their start date. Students receive a Syracuse University certificate upon completion. More about VCTP is available at http://vets.syr.edu/vctp. To be considered for an award an agency must commit to enrolling and supporting 5 eligible veterans in the VCTP. New cohorts are enrolled in January, April, July, and October.
We are currently soliciting applications from the following organizations. More information about program requirements are contained in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Each awardee will execute the MOU prior to receiving their laptop.
- Student Veterans of America (SVA) Chapters
- VA Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) grantees located in New York State and in the HUD/VA ’25 Cities’ initiative
- Community based organizations (CBOs) with veteran employment and career development training programs.
About 280 veterans achieved certificates last year, receiving world-class on-line instruction and the support of university advisors to assist in acquiring well-paying jobs in the IT, HR and Project Management career fields. Please review the attached MOU for conditions applicable to this award. All applications for equipment will be submitted online via the portal below and must include:
- The name of the organization
- The organization contact person with name, title, e-mail and telephone number
- A one paragraph description of current veteran job training and education programs offered
- A one paragraph description of the need for the equipment and how the VCTP can directly influence your population
- Estimated number of Post-911 veterans served by the agency that could benefit by enrollment
We look forward to working with you!