V-WISE – Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship
Just being amongst like-minded women who understand your journey and share your passion for entrepreneurship is priceless! - Denise T., Spectra Property Management LLC
Are you bold enough to make it happen? Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) was created to empower women veterans and military spouses/partners to find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture.
Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) is a premier training program in entrepreneurship and small business management. V-WISE helps women veterans and female military spouses/partners find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture. The three-phases of the program include a 15-day online course (Phase I), 3-day entrepreneurship training event (Phase II), and ongoing mentorship, training and support opportunities for graduates launching or growing their business (Phase III).
V-WISE is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the generous philanthropic support of corporate and foundation partners nationwide. The program is open to all women veterans, active duty female service members and female partners/spouses of active service members and veterans who share the goal of launching and growing a sustainable business venture.
What You Will Experience
- Actionable strategies for new venture creation presented in a supportive and inspirational learning environment
- A robust team of speakers and instructors including successful entrepreneurs, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, and leaders in government
- A community resource network designed to support small business creation and growth, including supportive services provided by the Small Business Association (SBA), the IVMF and IVMF partners
- A community of established women veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs 2,375 strong and growing
- More than 20 distinct modules of training in opportunity recognition, business planning, financing, economics, marketing, access to capital, business law, social media and more!
- Honorably discharged women veterans of any military branch and service era, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Active duty women service members of any military branch, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Women spouses/same-sex life partners of above (including widowed spouses/partners)
- Phase I: 15-day online intensive
- Phase II: 3-day residency experience
- Phase III: 12-month ongoing support focused on small business creation and growth
A $75 registration fee includes educational materials, two nights of lodging during residency, and most meals. In addition to the registration fee, participants are responsible for their travel to/from the conference.
There are 3,000+ V-WISE graduates to date.
65% of V-WISE grads have launched or grown their own business after participating in the program, with 93% of those businesses still in operation today.
Recognized as a “Bright Idea” by Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School Innovations in American Government program.
See What Our V-WISE Graduates Have to Say About the Program
V-WISE Long Beach 2014
“Having started my business 5 years ago, I was inspired and energized by this wonderful program, and wished I attended before starting my business. The information and networking were both incredible.”
V-WISE Boston 2015
“I now feel I am not walking alone in my business journey, and have the incredibly powerful support of the V-WISE community to propel me forward.”
V-WISE New York City 2014
“What an amazing event filled with like-minded, mission-driven women vetrepreneurs! This memorable conference, supportive staff, and my fellow V-WISE sisters gave me the confidence needed to jump full speed ahead into my business full-time. Thank you V-WISE!”