Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) was created to empower women veterans and military spouses/partners to find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture.
Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) is a premier training program in entrepreneurship and small business management. V-WISE helps women veterans and female military spouses/partners find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture.
V-WISE is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the generous philanthropic support of corporate and foundation partners nationwide.
What You Will Experience
- Actionable strategies for new venture creation presented in a supportive and inspirational learning environment
- A robust team of speakers and instructors including successful entrepreneurs, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, and leaders in government
- A community resource network designed to support small business creation and growth, including supportive services provided by the Small Business Association (SBA), the IVMF and IVMF partners
- A community of established women veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs 2,375 strong and growing
- More than 20 distinct modules of training in opportunity recognition, business planning, financing, economics, marketing, access to capital, business law, social media and more!
- Honorably discharged women veterans of any military branch and service era, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Active duty women service members of any military branch, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Women spouses/same-sex life partners of above (including widowed spouses/partners)
- Phase I: 15-day online intensive
- Phase II: 3-day residency experience
- Phase III: 12-month ongoing support focused on small business creation and growth
A $75 registration fee includes educational materials, two nights of lodging during residency, and most meals. In addition to the registration fee, participants are responsible for their travel to/from the conference.