Welcome to the Pittsburgh Veteran Employer Coalition (PVEC) online toolkit. This toolkit includes a series of leading practices, processes, and resources for veterans, in the greater Pittsburgh region. This toolkit is designed to be flexible, allowing for the addition of new information and resources.
America’s employers play a critical part in engaging and hiring veterans as they return from service and seek private sector opportunities. This toolkit is one way to leverage insights from research and practice to maximize and benefit from the strong talent pool represented in veterans and their families.
Starting with the kickoff in September of 2017, each topic area of the toolkit corresponds with coalition meetings that have occurred over the past year and a half.
- Beyond the Business Case for Hiring Veterans: Strategies for how to Best Support Corporate Sector Recruiting, Hiring, and Retention Activities
- Resisting the Business Case for Hiring Veterans: A Strategy for Cultivating Competitive Advantage
- Pittsburgh, PA Metro Area Employment Impact
- Veterans Strategic Analysis and Research Tool (V-START): Informing veterans and their public, private, and social sector advocates through data visualization.
- Pittsburgh Veteran Employer Coalition Quarterly Workshop #2
- The Business Case for Hiring Military Veterans: Strategies, Approaches and Best Practices
- The Force Behind The Force: Training, Leveraging and communicating about Military Spouses as Employees
- Pittsburgh Veteran Employer Coalition Quarterly Workshop #3
- What Veterans Bring to Civilian Workplaces: A prototype Toolkit for Helping Private-Sector Employers Understand the Nontechnical Skills Developed in the Military
- What Veterans Bring to Civilian Workplace: A Prototype Toolkit for helping Veterans Communicate to Private-Sector Employers About the Nontechnical Skills Developed in the Military
- Methodology for translating Enlisted Veterans Nontechnical Skills into Civilian Employers Terms