This infographic provides key highlig hts on women in the military. The information in this document comes from our various data collection efforts centered on transition, employment, entrepreneurship, and higher education.
If you have trouble viewing the infographics below you can view a replicate of the data in our accessible-friendly plain-text version.
A Few Key Takeaways
On average, women veterans have HIGHER unemployment rates and have LOWER earnings compared to their male veteran counterparts.
84% of post 9/11 women veterans have some college degree or higher.
Which is higher when compared to women nonveterans (63%) and male post-9/11 veterans (73%)
Bachelor's Degree or Higher
Some College of Associate Degree
High School Degree
Less Than High School Degree
Top Five Occupations for Women Veterans:
- Office and Administrative Support
- Management, business, and financial
- Healthcare Practitioners, and Technical
- Education, Legal, Community Service, Arts, and Media
Top Five Industries for Women Veterans:
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Public administration
- Educational Services
- Retail Trade
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services