The CLASSY Awards recognizes the greatest champions of social progress through a year-long initiative to identify social impact using a comprehensive application and evaluation process. This effort culminates in a weekend celebration held annually in San Diego, CA, that attracts the top leaders of the social sector for the purpose of recognizing social achievement and encouraging the brightest minds to engage in conversation around social problems and solutions.
The CLASSY Awards Leadership Council is an honorary board dedicated to the advancement of social progress. Each year, members of the Leadership Council collectively determine the winners of the CLASSY Awards. Their unique perspective and valuable insight establishes this recognition as one of the highest honors in the social sector.
The CLASSY Awards Leadership Council is organized around 8 cause-specific boards, composed of a diverse group of experts representing academia, community foundations, for-profit corporations, global NGOs, industry experts, media professionals, nonprofits, philanthropists, private foundations, policymakers, public figures, and social entrepreneurs. Haynie will serve on the Leadership Council representing the veterans and military sector.
“I’m thrilled and honored to have been invited to join the CLASSY Awards Leadership Council, and play a role in recognizing and advancing champions of social progress and change,” says Haynie, adding that he’s “excited to have the opportunity to elevate the work of those individuals and organizations delivering innovative and class-leading impacts to the nation’s veterans and military families.” Joining Haynie on the Active Duty & Veteran Services board of the CLASSY Leadership Council are:
- Donald Cooke, Senior Vice President/Philanthropy, McCormick Foundation
- Taryn Davis, Founder & Executive Director, American Widow Project
- Matt Flavin, Vice President of Finance, Energy Corporation of America
- John Hanson, Senior Vice President, USO
- Spencer Kympton, President, The Mission Continues
- Cassaundra Melgar-C’De Baca, Founder & CEO, F7 Group
- Mike Monroe, Vice President of Military Initiatives, Points of Light Institute
- Ken Robinson, Vice Chairman, Threat Deterrence LLC
- Col. David Sutherland, Co-Founder and Chairman, Easter Seals Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Community Services
- Noeleen Tillman, Managing Director, Blue Star Families
- Dr. Barbara Van Dahlen, Founder & President, Give an Hour