EBV is a first-of-its-kind initiative that turns veterans into entrepreneurs! The EBV program leverages the skills, resources and infrastructure of higher education to offer cutting-edge, experiential training in entrepreneurship and small business management to post-9/11 veterans.
The EBV opens the door to economic opportunity for veterans by developing their competencies in the many steps and activities associated with creating and sustaining an entrepreneurial venture. Founded at Syracuse University in 2007, the program has since expanded to additional universities across the U.S., including Texas A&M, Purdue University, UCLA, the University of Connecticut, Louisiana State University, The Florida State University, Cornell University, Saint Joseph’s University and the University of Missouri –with Syracuse University serving as national host of the consortium of schools.
What You Will Experience
- World class entrepreneurship training with fellow veterans (or family members)
- Lifelong mentors and friends established at the course
- A community of like-minded entrepreneurs, veterans and program graduates
Post 9/11 veteran
- Phase I: 30 day online, instructor-led business fundamentals and research course work
- Phase II: 9-day residency experience at one of the ten EBV consortium schools
- Phase III: 12-month ongoing support focused on small business creation and growth
The entire EBV experience, including travel and lodging, is offered without any cost to participating Veterans