Onward to Opportunity – Veterans Career Transition Program
"The credential gave me the boost I need to compliment my experiences with relevant education. Completing O2O-VCTP added more value to my resume than my 4-year degree. O2O-VCTP is exactly what veterans need to catapult their civilian careers." - O2O-VCTP, Distance Learning Graduate
About Onward to Opportunity in Partnership with the Veterans Career Transition Program
O2O-VCTP is a career skills program that provides civilian career training, professional certifications and job placement support to transitioning service members, members of the selected reserves, veterans, and military spouses. O2O-VCTP partners with private sector companies committed to training and hiring military talent and their spouses earlier in the transition process. If you are not located near one of our on-base installations, we offer distance-learning opportunities through the online-only portion of the program.
- Active Duty Military — Any active duty service member who will transition from military service to the civilian workforce in the next 6 months with an honorable discharge status.
- Veterans — Any post-9/11 veteran who has already separated or retired from the military with an honorable discharge status.
- National Guard / Reservists — Any active member of the National Guard and Reserve that is currently in a part-time status. If the service member is on active duty status in the National Guard or Reserve, they are subject to the active duty eligibility. See FAQ for full description.
- Spouses — Spouses of any active duty military service member, post 9/11 veteran and active member of the National Guard or Reserve.
Benefits of Participation
- No-cost opportunity that does not utilize educational benefits
- Over 30 career tracks available
- Industry recognized credentials
- Job specific interview preparation and matching
- Comprehensive career coaching and placement services
Currently located at:
Jacksonville, North Carolina
San Diego, California
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Fort Carson, Colorado
Watertown, New York
Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM)
Fort Lewis, Washington
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Joint Base San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
Navy Region Northwest
Northwestern United States
San Diego Area, California
What Our Grads Have to Say About O2O-VCTP
Louis Kapaun, U.S. Marine Corps
“Onward to Opportunity is the program that the Transition Readiness Seminar should be. The people involved in the program not only know what they’re doing and how to help, but they also care and have been there themselves. I would recommend it to any service member transitioning that wants to take control of their career and transition the right way.”
Ashleigh Titre, U.S. Army Reserve
“I was looking for ways to get into the technology field and better my life overall, but the cost and time investment of doing so was out of my reach. I connected with someone on LinkedIn who introduced me to Syracuse University’s Veterans Career Transition Program. Fast forward four months, I landed an internship at Stanford Health Care. With the training through VCTP and testing for my A+ certification, I got the call that I was being offered a job by Stanford. With this position in Stanford healthcare’s IT department a new door has been opened up for me.”
Jeremy Stewart, U.S. Air Force
“I began with the Project Management course and obtained my PMP four months later. Within two months of obtaining my certification I got a new job as a Senior IT Project Manager-a nice bump in responsibility and salary. I would not have been qualified for the position without my certification and the VCTP course was essential in helping me prepare for the exam. I used no other prep material and had no problem on the exam. I have since taken the Security+ course and exam with the same level of success. I am very thankful for the opportunity to participate and the new avenues it has opened up for me professionally.”