V-WISE – Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship
Just being amongst like-minded women who understand your journey and share your passion for entrepreneurship is priceless! - Denise T., Spectra Property Management LLC
Are you bold enough to make it happen? Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) was created to empower women veterans and military spouses/partners to find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture.
Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE) is a premier training program in entrepreneurship and small business management. V-WISE helps women veterans and female military spouses/partners find their passion and learn the business savvy skills necessary to turn an idea or start-up into a growing venture. The three-phases of the program include a 15-day online course (Phase I), 3-day entrepreneurship training event (Phase II), and ongoing mentorship, training and support opportunities for graduates launching or growing their business (Phase III).
V-WISE is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The program is open to all women veterans, active duty female service members and female partners/spouses of active service members and veterans who share the goal of launching and growing a sustainable business venture.
What You Will Experience
- Actionable strategies for new venture creation presented in a supportive and inspirational learning environment
- A robust team of speakers and instructors including successful entrepreneurs, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, and leaders in government
- A community resource network designed to support small business creation and growth, including supportive services provided by the Small Business Association (SBA), the IVMF and IVMF partners
- A community of established women veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs 2,000 strong and growing
- More than 20 distinct modules of training in opportunity recognition, business planning, financing, economics, marketing, access to capital, business law, social media and more!
- Honorably discharged women veterans of any military branch and service era, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Active duty women service members of any military branch, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Women spouses/same-sex life partners of above (including widowed spouses/partners)
- Phase I: 15-day online intensive
- Phase II: 3-day residency experience
- Phase III: 12-month ongoing support focused on small business creation and growth
A $75 registration fee includes educational materials, two nights of lodging during residency, and most meals. In addition to the registration fee, participants are responsible for their travel to/from the conference.
There are 2,201 V-WISE graduates to date.
65% of V-WISE grads have launched or grown their own business after participating in the program, with 93% of those businesses still in operation today.
Recognized as a “Bright Idea” by Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School Innovations in American Government program.
See What Our V-WISE Graduates Have to Say About the Program
V-WISE Long Beach 2014
“Having started my business 5 years ago, I was inspired and energized by this wonderful program, and wished I attended before starting my business. The information and networking were both incredible.”
V-WISE Boston 2015
“I now feel I am not walking alone in my business journey, and have the incredibly powerful support of the V-WISE community to propel me forward.”
V-WISE New York City 2014
“What an amazing event filled with like-minded, mission-driven women vetrepreneurs! This memorable conference, supportive staff, and my fellow V-WISE sisters gave me the confidence needed to jump full speed ahead into my business full-time. Thank you V-WISE!”